Wage Range: $8.00 – $15.00 (with paid vacation and holidays)
- Perform tasks involving physical labor at industrial, commercial and residential sites. Will operate hand and power tools of various types: earth tampers; generators; concrete saws; hydraulic mixers/pumps/cylinders; small equipment (such as mini excavators and skid steers). Will clean and prepare sites; dig trenches, holes and prepare footings for foundation brackets; clean up rubble and debris; and tear out concrete. Will assist other craft workers. Follow instructions.
- Position and secure steel bars in concrete forms in order to reinforce concrete.
- Mix and Pour/Pump cement- and urethane-based grouts under slabs, into concrete forms, and under footings.
- Assist in the installation of helical/push piers and wall anchors/tiebacks into earth using proper tools to do so.
- Complete full installation of carbon fiber straps and staples.
- Tear-out and remove drain-tile in and around homes, and install drainage systems (waterproofing; french drains, etc.).
- Drive a truck or van, primarily to jobs, but also to deliver or pick up material supplies; verify receipt of ordered and/or purchased materials. Load and unload trucks properly.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Other Job Tasks for: Team Members
- Be on time and ready for work everyday.
- Be able to honestly use job clock and clock in and out without errors.
- Follow the proper dress code and always wear the proper PPE.
- Be able to drive to a job site with instructions and complete a task.
- Be able to communicate with Assistant Team Leader and Team Leader about work that needs to be done.
- Run equipment or tools to demo or repair concrete.
- Be able to help mark grade lines, turn pump off and on properly, install drain board and drain-tile.
- Cut, drill, chisel and break concrete for placement of wall plates, helical/push piers, anchor rods, rebar and other items related to this work.
- Dig trenches, footings, potholes, drain-tile and level earth to grade specifications using shovels, picks and other tools.
- Care, cleanliness and organization of forms, piers, lumber, tools and other materials on trucks, job sites and shop.
- Clean construction site to eliminate possible hazards.
- Cut lumber and steel to desired lengths and size; able to efficiently and correctly read a tape measure.
- Hold plumb bobs, sighting rods, lasers and other equipment, to aid in establishing reference points and lines.
- Help with the installation of helical/push piers and wall anchors/tiebacks to support or hold existing structures.
- Drive vehicles safely. Obey traffic laws and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights and brakes in order to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition. Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles and fill out proper paperwork pertaining to the vehicle repairs for service men. Perform emergency repairs such as changing tires, installing lights, fuses or other issues that may arise.
- Load and unload trucks and trailers.
- Read maps, and follow written and verbal geographic directions.
- Report any safety issues and be able to understand and correct any safety violation.
- Turn in receipts and packing lists.
- Understand the basic know-how of operating the hydraulic pumps and helical torque unit.
- Be able to read gauges for pressure and have basic know-how of what they represent, and how to convert to alternate pressure reading using prepared chart(s).
Required Skills for: Team Member
Equipment Selection — Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Required Abilities for: Team Member
The physical demands of this position require the ability to demonstrate full range of motion with neck, arms, shoulders, hands, torso, legs and feet. Must be able to lift and carry materials and tools in excess of 75 lb. using abdominal and lower back muscles repeatedly or continuously over time without “giving out” or fatiguing.
Required Outputs: Team Member
- Punctuality: Being there every day as required; being prepared and mentally present
- Be on time and at work every day except for scheduled vacations, scheduled days off, sick days/emergencies (both with doctor’s excuse).
- Learn the company procedures and policies.
- Attitude, integrity, honesty and trust
- Keep a positive attitude and be able to work well with others. Team oriented.
- Skills and Continuing Education
- Learn the positions basic responsibilities within 90 days.
- Accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Continue your own education within our line of work, to include reading and the comprehension of manuals, data sheets, MSDS, equipment manuals, and any other items as assigned.
- Learn how to efficiently and safely operate small equipment such as, compactor, drills, bobcat, circular saw, laser, demo hammer, grinder, pump cart, etc.
- Make good use of any down time.
- Problem solve when needed.
- Customer satisfaction, quality, attention to detail, thorough job completion.
- Look and understand the big picture on any job.
- Work safely.
- Keep job site, trucks, and equipment CLEAN.
Critical Performance Factors: Team Member
- Sense of urgency!
- Comprehends and listens efficiently.
- Team player who gets along well with others. (Bad attitudes will be eliminated).
- Flexible and able to “change gears” at a moment’s notice.
- Able to be fully present during the work hours with no outside distractions, (i.e. personal phone calls/text messages/emails).
- Honest and forthright character.
- Good communication skills.
- Organized, detailed, and clean-up oriented.
- Follow the company’s dress code and show up to work every day ready to work with appropriate attire and safety PPE.